S-Series 12″ Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer
Boost your BASS with Alpine S-Series Subwoofers.
Alpine introduces the all-new S-Series Subwoofers, their unique design substantially improves bass output and provides installation versatility.
Available in a twelve, ten and eight inch each S-Series subwoofer uses a custom-stamped steel frame. These high-strength frames were designed to withstand the rigors of the improved S-Series motor. They have frame leg vents as well as a vented back plate to help cool the subwoofer voice coil and motor parts, plus a shallow design to help fit in smaller spaces.
The S-Series Subwoofers incorporate two strontium ferrite magnets that are stacked together, providing increased motor strength and excursion which ultimately delivers and accurate bass to your music. Installation time will be significantly reduced with the convenient push-type insert terminals with dual voice coil jumper system. Just strip the speaker insulation at the wire end, then insert the bare wire into the hole of the spring-loaded push terminal. While the concealed mount gasket system creates a clean, finished appearance for any vehicle.
All S-Series subwoofers are compatible with optional grilles (sold separately) to provide added protection to the cone. The grilles feature a mesh design with a S-Series logo badge.
600W POWER HANDLING
All the S-Series subwoofers are compatible with optional grills (Sold Separately) to provide added protection to the cone.
The Grills feature a mech design with a S-Series logo badge.
- KTE-8G for the 8″ S-Series Subwoofer
- KTE-10G.2 for the 10″ S-Series Subwoofers
- KTE-12G.2 for the 12″ S-Series Subwoofers
Alpine S-W12D4 – Features
- 12” 4Ω+4Ω Subwoofer
- High Strength Custom Steel Frame
- Push-Type Insert Terminals
- Dual Voice Coil Jumper System
- Concealed Mount Gasket System
- Strontium Ferrite Double Stacked Magnets
- Optional Grilles
Alpine S-W12D4 – Specifications
- Material: Pulp/Kevlar Cone
- Design: Reinforced Parabolic Cone Structure with PP/Mica/Talc Dust Cap
- Design: High Amplitude Multi-Roll (HAMR Surround)
- Design: Progressive with Reinforced Layer Tinsel Leads
- Material: 5-Layer DVC Winding on AL Former
- Design: 65mm Voice Coil with High-Temp
- High-Excursion Underhung Voice Coil Configuration
- Pole Geometry: Airflow Optimized Dual Flare Pole Vent
- Perimeter Venting with Airflow Management System
- Configuration: Double-Stacked Strontium Ferrite Magnets
- Material: High Strength Steel Frame
- Layout: One Side
- Design: 8AWG Push Terminals with VC Configuration Jumpers
- Design: Reinforced Layer Spider Integration
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket
- Power Range: 600W-1800W
- RMS Power Handling: 600W
- Peak Power Handling: 1800W
- Mounting Depth: 5-1/16”
- Frequency Response: 24Hz-200Hz
Recommended Box Enclosures
- Recommended Sealed Box: 0.85 cubic foot (gross volume)
- Recommended Vented Box: 1.71 cubic foot (gross volume), 12.5” x 1” vent area, 16” vent length
- Sensitivity (1W/1m) – SPL
- DC Resistance – Re
- Inductance – Le
- Free Air Resonance – Fs
- Equivalent Stiffness – Vas
- Mechanical Q – Qms
- Electrical Q – Qes
- Total Q – Qts
- Cone Area – Sd
- Linear Excursion – Xmax (1-way)
- Mechanical Travel – Xmech (P-P)