8” Compact Subwoofer
Award winning Alpine SBR-S8D4, named INCAR SUBWOOFER OF THE YEAR – LOADED ENCLOSURE for 2017.
The Alpine SBR-S8D4 features Alpine’s Type-R 8″ subwoofer in a custom slot ported enclosure. Ideal for installation in small spaces, its compact size means it can fit virtually anywhere.
The pre-installed subwoofer employs many features typically found in larger models, such as Alpine’s H.A.M.R (High Amplitude Multi Roll) suspension. This unique design allows greater linear excursion while improving control, to achieve maximum output and outstanding sound quality.
Designed to achieve optimal output, the carpeted enclosure features heavy duty MDF construction. Plus, stylish brushed aluminium laminate and a robust grill create the perfect balance of stunning aesthetics and practicality.
In-Car Entertainment Review Click Here
* 1 Year Warrant as per Alpine Electronics Australia Terms and Conditions
Alpine SBR-S8D4 Overview
The Alpine SBR-S8-4 uses the same 8” subwoofer available in the Type-R component subwoofer lineup, so you get high excursion combined with high power handling. This advanced Type-R motor structure converts your amplifier’s output to low bass you can feel.
More bass, less space
The Alpine SBR-S8-4 is compact and very shallow (only 11 1/2” wide x 19 1/4” long x 5 1/2” deep) allowing it to be mounted in virtually any vehicle. This compact subwoofer system works well under or behind the seat of a pickup truck, in a sedan trunk, or in the hatch of an SUV. /p>
Tuned to rock
In order to play low with minimal power input requirements, the Alpine SBR-S8-4 is ported. A low tuning frequency combined with an efficient, large cross-section port allows the system to play down to the lowest octaves while still maintaining excellent control and power handling characteristics.
High-quality carpeting and sleek laminate combine to give the Alpine SBR-S8-4 great looks. A strong, attractive Type-R grille protects the woofer’s cone from damage, and the flush-mount spring-loaded terminals make connecting large-gauge wire a snap.
Unlike many low-cost enclosures, the Alpine SBR-S8-4 is constructed from the best materials. High-quality MDF is used for all structural components, and it is internally braced to add stiffness and durability.
Amp it up
350 watts of RMS power handling make the Alpine SBR-S8-4 compatible with a wide range of mono and multi-channel amplifiers. For example, hook it to the subwoofer channel on the 5-channel Alpine MRV-V500, or connect it to mono block Alpine MRV-M500…either way you’ll get great low-bass performance.
Alpine SBR-S8D4 - Features
- 900W Peak Power
- 300W RMS Power
- High Amplitude Multi Roll (HAMR) surround
- Frequency Response: 28Hz – 400Hz
- USA Designed Slot Ported Subwoofer Enclosure
- Heavy Gauge Spring Terminals
- Dimensions: (L x W x H cm) 49 x 29 x 16
- SWR-823D Pre-installed
- Grille Included
Alpine SBR-S8D4 - Specifications
- Subwoofer Size: 8″
- Power Handling (RMS/Peak): 350W/1000W
- Power Range (RMS): 150W-350W
- Frequency Response (Hz): 28Hz-200Hz
- Diaphragm Material: Kevlar-Reinforced Pulp Fiber
- Diaphragm Design: 2-piece structural parabolic
- Surround Material: Injection molded santoprene
- Surround Design: High Amplitude Multi-Roll (Patent Pending)
- Spider Material: Nomex
- Spider Design: Progressive
- Voice Coil Material: 180˚C High Temp Wire on Spiral Cut Aluminium Former
- Voice Coil Design: 4-Layer Dual Voice Coil
- Motor Structure Pole Geometry: Compound Radius Curve
- Motor Structure Configuration: Integration Shorting Sleeve with Radial Vented VC Head Transfer
- Magnet Material: High-Power Strontium Ferrite
- Magnet Configuration: 6-Piece (8″) / 10-Piece (10″/12″) Radially Segmented, Double Stacked
- Frame Material: Cast Aluminium
- Frame Design: Single-Piece Casting with Airflow Management System
- Terminals Layout: One sided
- Terminals Design: Heavy Duty 8ga, Push with housing, Banana Sockets for VC Configuration Jumpers
- Tinsel Leads Design: Reinforced Layer Spider Integration
- Gasket Design: Concealed Mount Gasket System and Integrated Grill Ready
- Nominal Impedance: 2ohms+2ohms
- Frequency Response: 28-200Hz
- Sensitivity (SPL @ 1W/1m): 83.5dB
- D.C Coil Resistance (Re): 1.85ohms +1.85ohms
- Inductance (Le) 1kHz/20kHz: 0.87mH/0.30mH
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 38Hz
- Equivalent Stiffness (Vas): 12L (0.42 ft³)
- Mechanical Q (Qms): 7.8
- Electrical Q (Qes): 0.55
- Total Q (Qts): 0.50
- Xmax10 (One-Way Xmax @ 10% Distortion): 14mm
- Mechanical Excursion, Peak-to-Peak: 52mm
- Gap Height (Hag): 10mm
- Coil Height (Hvc): 29mm
- Cone Area (Sd): 201 cm²
- Voice Coil Diameter: 40mm (1.6″)
- Magnet Weight: 52oz