Alpine X-W10D4 X-Series
10″ Dual 4-Ohm Mobile Subwoofer
Alpine’s all-new X-Series subwoofers bolster the X-Series Hi-RES amplifier and speaker line—to create the ultimate unified audiophile sound system. The X-Series subwoofers draw upon decades of Alpine engineering, expertise and precision manufacturing that culminates; to deliver a new of level build quality, design and finesse to produce a subwoofer with the highest calibre of bass fidelity and extreme output.
X-Series are like no other, harvesting bass performance beyond the limits and measures of their nearest rivals.
|Alpine Image Defined
Alpine ID is short for the new Alpine global sound culture with an evolutionary approach for solving what’s missing in most car audio systems these days: great spatial imaging and depth of sound stage. It centres on developing matched sound systems with core components that work together to achieve greater realism in the sound stage while maintaining great dynamic range and accuracy. The new X-Series subwoofers underpin Alpine ID sound philosophy.
A triple stacked magnet and extended voice coil allows for a very long excursion resulting in huge air movement. A specialised CRC pole with integrated cooling fins and an aluminium shorting cap reduce the lag of coil’s alternating movement while also providing cooling within the motor. The cone structure is suspended by two spiders and our patented H.A.M.R. surround. The stability of the dual-spider along with the even unfolding of the multi-roll surround create incredibly linear cone travel, free of any unneeded movement that cause distortion.
|Built to move tons of air
The 24mm X-max is best in its class and allows close to 2 inches of full cone motion. In order to create a powerful yet accurate subwoofer, Alpine has implemented several technologies that keep the cone under control. Dual spiders ensure a rigid moving assembly while the HAMR surround provides long linear travel. A shorting ring keeps the THD down while a custom heat sink integrated CRC pole and shorting cap keeps high magnetic force. These design aspects come together to produce incredibly precise, powerful bass.
|All new motor design
The powerful and efficient motor coupled with its highly-controlled suspension give the X-Series subwoofer the ability to create loud and accurate bass in a very small, sealed box. Only requiring 15.6 l of air space, the 10” X-Series subwoofer can reproduce frequencies down to 40 Hz before rolling off, leaving you with bass that digs deep and plenty of trunk space.
|Easy grille and trim ring included
Taking design cues from tweeter development, Alpine have incorporating a twist-lock trim ring which allows easy attachment of the included metal mesh grill. With a simple twist, the trim ring locks into place, concealing the mounting screws and locking the optional grille into place. The trim can be installed with or without the grille.
|A perfect match
The X-Series amplifier X-A90M is the perfect amplifier for the job. Along with the 900W power matched specifications of both components, each were built under the same sound philosophy. With a focus on musicality and sound imaging, the X-W10D4 is complimented by the amplifier’s clean, low distortion output and >1500 damping factor. Add the X-Series speakers to the system and prepare to experience a new level of in-car imaging.
Key features include:
- Alpine ID Sound Quality
- 900W RMS, making it a perfect match for the X-Series X-A90M 900W mono amplifier
- 24mm linear Xmax (1 way), 48 mm peak to peak
- Dual spiders for precision control over the large dynamic range
- Dual shorting rings for strong motor control ensuring low THD and tight bass
- Center pole radial heat sink which wicks heat away from the voice coil and transfers it outside the motor, for long term high output
- The biggest HAMR surround yet, for linear cone movement throughout its large range of excursion
- Light but rigid pulp/mica cone which allows for highly accurate bass with great natural tone
- Twist-lock Trim ring with full mesh grill included
Alpine X-W10D4 – Features:
- Material: Kevlar Rohacell® Layered Composite
- Design: 1-Piece Parabolic with Vented Force Transfer Assembly
- Material: Injection Molded Santoprene®
- Design: High Amplitude Multi-Roll (HAMR Surround)
- Material: Nomex®
- Design: Dual Progressive with Integrated Tinsel Leads
- Material: Aluminum Former
- Design: 2.6″ (65.5mm) Voice Coil
- Pole Geometry: Airflow Optimized Dual Flare Pole Vent
- Configuration: Triple-Stacked High Power Strontium Ferrite Magnets
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Layout: One Side
- Design: 8mm² Insert Terminals with Series/Parallel Jumper Plug
- Design: Reinforced Layer Spider Integration
- Design: Grille/Trim Ring Twist-Lock System
- Power Handling
- Power Range: 650W-900W
- RMS Power Handling: 900W
- Peak Power Handling: 2700W
- Mounting Depth: 6-7/8′′ (174mm)
- Mounting Diameter: 9-1/16′′ (229mm)
- Displacement: 0.120 cu. ft. (3.4 l – Front Mount)
- Added Volume: 0.030 cu. ft. (0.8 l – Reverse Mount, Magnet Out)
- Frequency Response: 26Hz-200Hz
- Shipping: 5.45kg