S-SERIES 5 Channel Amplifier
The all-new Alpine S-A55V 5 Channel S-Series amplifier - a perfect match to the new S-Series speakers. This amplifier has an excellent Watts-per-dollar ratio in the Class-D category, features a very high heat resistance and won’t shut down due to overheating. It also features excellent sound quality in it's price range.
The Alpine S-Series Sound Components
Three new Alpine S-A55V S-Series amplifier joins the S-Series family, known for reliable performance and value-oriented products. All three S-Series amps (mono, 4-channel and 5-channel) contain technology currently implemented in R and X-Series models. The Alpine S-Series amps feature attractive prices and are designed to perform perfectly with the existing S-Series speakers.
All Digital Design
Compact and Powerful: the new digital amplification circuit allows high power output while keeping a small footprint.
The Alpine S-A55V measures just 286mm in width x 204mm in length for easy installation in virtually any vehicle.
Along with Alpine’s new intelligent amplifier platform, the new S-Series amplifiers feature an improved heat sink and protection circuit design that eliminates thermal shut-down, for dependable music playback.
One-sided Cable Terminals
The speaker and power cable terminals are conveniently located on the left side of the amplifier to allow a clean installation. The power cable terminals accept heavy gauge cables.
Low/High-Power Speaker Signal Inputs
The 5-Channel RCA speaker signal inputs accept low and high-power signals. This makes it easy to connect the Alpine S-A55V directly to your original car stereo, regardless of your head unit’s power output (RCA connectors with open cable leads are available separatly).
Control Your Subwoofer
You can connect the Alpine RUX-KNOB2 remote bass knod (optional available) to the Alpine S-A55V to controll the subwoofer level straight from your dash (applicable only for channel 5 for subwoofer usage).
High-Pass / Low-Pass Filter
With this filter switch you can assign the amplification channel (pair) to be used for door speakers or a subwoofer. You can then adjust the cut-off frequency for more precise tuning.
Alpine S-A55V - Features:
- Terminal Layout: One side
- Small footprint for easy installation
- Screw terminals (for speaker and power cables)
- Heavy gauge power terminals (AWG 4)
- Amplifier Type: Class-D (Digital)
- Channel Design: 5/4/3 Channel
- Thermal Management Control
- Top Mounted LED Power/Status Indicator
- Speaker Level Input with remote turn on
- Crossover: Adjustable Low-pass (LPF) / High-pass Filter (HPF)
- Gain Control: Adjustable
- Bass EQ (subwoofer channel)
- Bass Control: Remote Bass Control (RUX-KNOB2) Ready
Alpine S-A55V - Specifications:
Max Power Output Ratings
- Total Max Power: 1100W
RMS Power Ratings
- Per Channel into 2 Ohms, 14.4V (≤1%THD+N): 4 x 60W + 1 x 300W
- Per Channel into 4 Ohms, 14.4V (≤1%THD+N): 4 x 40W + 1 x 200W
- Bridged into 4 Ohms, 14.4V (≤1%THD+N): 2 x 120W
- Crossover: Variable LPF, 50-400Hz (-12dB/oct )
- Crossover: Variable HPF, 50-400Hz (-12dB/oct )
- Power Requirements: 14.4 V.DC (9 - 16 V allowable)
- Input Sensitivity (RCA Input): Hi: 0.5 - 10 V Lo: 0.2 - 4.0 V
- High Level Input with automatic power on
- Cable size: Power Cable AWG 4, SPK Cable AWG 12
- Frequency Response (+0, -3dB: 1W into 4 ohms) for CH-1/2/3/4: 10Hz - 30kHz
- Frequency Response (+0, -3dB: 1W into 4 ohms) for CH-5: 10Hz - 400Hz
- THD+N (@ 10W into 4 ohms): <0.03%
- THD+N (@ 50W into 4 ohms): <0.07%
- Damping Factor: Channel 1/2/3/4: >100, Channel 5: >750
- Signal to Noise (@ 50 Watts into 4 Ohms): >98dB
- Weight: 2.9 kg
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) mm: 286 x 58 x 204
Warranty as per Alpine Electronic Australia's Term and Conditions