8 Channel Active Line Out Converter with AUX Input
The AudioControl LC8i is a highly flexible eight-channel signal processor with active input circuitry that accepts speaker-level inputs, of up to 400 watts per channel, from factory-installed source units or amplifiers. It converts them to high-quality pre-amp signals that can then be directed to aftermarket processors and/or amplifiers. This means users will enjoy maximum sound quality while maintaining the use of factory volume and steering wheel controls.
Designed for maximum flexibility, the AudioControl LC8i is equipped with an auxiliary input that allows the simple addition of secondary source units like iPods and satellite radio tuners. By tapping the dash control knob, a user can switch back and forth between the main speaker-level inputs and the auxiliary input. Additionally, the multi-function dash knob provides both volume control of the Auxiliary input and level adjustments for the subwoofer output.
The LC8i uses proven OEM integration technology derived from AudioControl’s highly popular LC6i, LC7i and The Epicenter® Plus signal processors. The speaker-level inputs accept high wattage signals (up to 400 watts per channel), either full range or crossed over, and converts them to high-quality pre-amp signals. Signals from factory radios with built-in crossovers can be summed and combined internally to provide a full-range preamp signal. Customers wanting to offer sound quality that is clearly better than OEM systems can also easily add one of AudioControl’s many crossovers or equalizers after the LC8i, providing even greater control over factory signals.
AudioControl LC8i - Features
- Eight input and output channels – will accept 400-watt signals per channel
- Stereo RCA Auxiliary input for easy interfacing of iPods or other portable audio devices
- Multi-function dash control (included) allows for Source Selection, Auxiliary Input Volume plus Subwoofer Level Control
- Internal channel summing
- Selectable GTO™ Signal-sensing Turn-on Circuit
When would I use the AudioControl LC8i?
- Here are some examples of where you might use the AudioControl LC8i
- Adding an amplifier for your front & rear speakers plus a subwoofer
- Converting your factory OEM Tweeter, Midrange, Midbass and Subwoofer signals to a full range signal for your aftermarket amplifier.
What vehicles would I use the AudioControl LC8i?
- When installing an amplifier in a vehicle where you’re using front speakers, rear speakers, and a subwoofer.
- When adding a 5 channel amplifier to your OEM Factory radio that has up to 8 active channels from a factory amplifier
- When adding a 4 channel amplifier to your OEM Factory radio that has up to 8 active channels from a factory amplifier
- When your vehicle has a factory amplified system and your adding an amplifier
- Speaker Level Input: 4 (8 channels)
- Maximum Speaker Level Input: 400W per channel at 4Ω
- Preamp Inputs (Aux): 1 (2 channels)
- Input Impedance: 20kΩ
- Preamp Outputs: 4 (8 channels)
- Maximum Output Level: 9.5Vrms
- Output Gain: ±12dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 22 kHz
- 12 VDC Remote In
- 12 VDC Remote Out (always active when the unit is on)
- Current Draw: 350mA
- Power Supply: High Headroom PWM Switching
- Recommended Fuse Rating: 2A
- Weights & dimensions
- Dimensions: 8.6”W x 4.75”D x 1.2”H
- Weight: 3.0lbs (1.4kg)
Product Compatibility Information:
|Plug & Play||NO|
|Remote Turn On Feature||YES|
|High Level Input Channels||8 Channel Stereo Input|
|RCA Pre-Outs||8 Channel Stereo|