DNA Audio VRTY20
Video Camera Retention Harness
Compatible with Toyota Hilux Vehicles 2020 >
This video retention harness is designed for plug-and-play DIY installation of an aftermarket reverse camera (sold separately) in Toyota Hilux vehicles 2020 Onwards. It allows easy installation and integration of an aftermarket reverse camera to the OEM factory Toyota Hilux screen. (From June 2020 onwards, refer to the photo of the OEM Toyota head unit as a reference).
This harness has been designed for simple plug-and-play installation into the Toyota Hilux vehicle, without the need of cutting or soldering any wires. It saves pulling apart the dash and trying to access the rear of the head unit area, whereas this harness simply plugs and plays into the harness location in the passenger footwell kick panel area.
The aftermarket camera (sold separately) that you are connecting to this harness will require it to have a voltage regulator as the red wire on this harness is from the 6-volt power source in the Hilux. The camera will also need to be set in NTSC image format to match the Toyota OEM screen.
Quick Installation Points:
Gaining access to the harness wiring in the vehicle:
1. Lift up and remove the passenger side door sill plate.
2. Remove the passenger side footwell kick panel.
Installing the camera harness with the vehicle harness wiring:
(WARNING: Ensure vehicle is switched off before disconnecting this plug)
a. Unplug the factory harness plug from the passenger side footwell area.
b. Plug the factory harness plug into the female end of this harness
c. Plug the male end of this harness into the factory harness socket in the vehicle.
d. Plug the RCA plug from the camera extension cable (Camera sold separately) into the RCA socket on this harness.
Installing the aftermarket camera and testing:
3. Install and wire the aftermarket camera as desired. (sold separately)
4. Once this harness and the camera are installed, test it to make sure it is working and the viewing angle is suitable.
5. Ensure all wiring is routed in the vehicle and to the rear of the vehicle safely and securely.
6. Re-install the passenger side footwell kick panel.
7. Re-install the passenger side door sill plate.
- Harness: 1 x Male 26 pin plug to 1 x female 26 pin plug and 1 x inline female RCA socket with 1 x bare end red 6 volt power wire
- Harness length: Approx. 13cm
- Video cable length: Approx. 15cm
- Includes installation instructions
- Packaging: DNA Blister & card
DNA has a large range of cameras available that can be used with this harness:
- RCB100 - Butterfly Camera
- RCB170 - Butterfly / Flush Mount Camera
- RCH160 - Large Butterfly Camera & Harness Kit
- RCL170 - Large Heavy Duty Butterfly Camera
- RCO170 - OEM Stalk Mount Camera
- RCP170 - Pivot Mount Camera
- RCS170 - Stalk Mount Camera
Also available is the complete plug and video retention camera and harness kit: RCH160